Monday, May 28, 2007

Here's the rest of the story

So now it's official official. For those that haven't heard the whole story I'll bore those who have. I first asked Jenn if she'd marry me on Mother's Day(my birthday) with my head in her hands & my heart trying to leap out of my chest. She said yes, but.... She still needed final confirmation & told me that it would probably be a month or so until she would get it. I showed her MaeMae's engagement ring, but she never tried it on; she felt she wasn't ready for that. So on 22 May, Jenn & I went to the SLC Temple & had an incredible experience. Little did I know what was to come. The next day as we were sitting on the sofa in her house she told me that she'd been thinking of an October wedding! I was surprised but very happy. After the initial shock wore off I asked her what was next; what "we" needed to do next. She answered that we needed to pick/get a date w/ the temple, SLC fyi, and to get a certain ring sized. Being a good boy scout I went & got the ring & knelt to ask her hand in marriage. The ring fit! It was official but didn't have the storybook ending. That saturday, 26 May, Jenn had a family reunion in Logan. I had said that it was too bad MaeMae & PaPa hadn't met Jenn & we thought we'd remedy that :) After the reunion we went to the cemetary w/ Jenn's parents & after we'd been to the graves of her grandparents we went to see MaeMae & PaPa. After introductions were made, knelt in the fading sunlight in front of MaeMae & PaPa & asked Jenn if she would marry me. Third time's the charm. The picture above was taken just after & my how wonderful that ring looks on her finger :) Anyway we're contemplating a date in either August or December & plan to live in the 1779 east house.

No comments: